The Wild Abalone Immersion.
2 nights, 3 guided dives, up to 20 Abalone. All inclusive $1200
This is our premier 2 night Abalone experience. This tour is a great chance to experience all things Abalone. A chance for some Abalone diving, Abalone catching, Abalone cooking and Abalone eating. You can legally catch 10 Abalone per day on our tour. On this trip you will have 3 fully guided snorkel dives over 2 days to catch your own wild Abalone. We supply you with all the equipment required (all dive gear, Abalone knives and legal size gauges, catch bags), a license to catch Abalone, and 4WD transport to dive sites. Our experienced local guides will teach you how to take and where to find Abalone, and help create a shared abalone feast. All food, refreshments, twin share accommodation and transfers from Launceston, Devonport or Burnie Airports are included. This fully guided tour includes Japanese interpretation. Book now for a once in a lifetime opportunity to get up close to wild Abalone in their natural environment and eat the freshest Abalone in the World.
- Day 1 afternoon and early evening pick up (5pm in Launceston latest) and transfer to the Tarkine coast of North Western Tasmania. Dinner provided and check in to accommodation. Wildlife spotting.
- Day2 Breakfast
- 8am – Preparation for Abalone snorkel diving and safety briefing.
- 8:30am depart on 4WD to dive site and morning tea
- 10am -12:30pm Safety briefing and training — Abalone diving
- 12:30 – 1:30 Lunch and transfer to next dive site
- 2pm – 4pm Abalone diving, afternoon tea
- 6pm — Return to the accommodation, refreshments, Abalone cleaning, cooking and eating.
- 8:30pm – Optional Tasmanian Devil and wildlife spotting.
- Day 3 Breakfast and packing ready for afternoon departure
- 8:30am depart on 4WD to dive site
- 9am – 11am Abalone Diving
- 11:30am return to accommodation for showers and getting ready for transfers
- 12:30pm — lunch 1pm — departing Tarkine Coast for airport or accommodation drop off. Please note that the transfer to Launceston airport takes 4 hours. If flying out of Tasmania directly after the tour please book flights for departures no earlier than 6pm.